Metta Massage Therapy
What You Should Expect of Your Therapist
What You Should
Expect of Your Therapist
Your massage therapist will:
· perform professional
services within the therapist's legal and ethical scope of practice.
· perform professional services for which the therapist
is physically and emotionally qualified.
· address your specifically identified needs in each
session and, if appropriate, refer you to a specialist.
· accept responsibility for doing no harm to your
physical, mental, or emotional well being.
· commit to professional excellence through
self-assessment, keeping current with the professional literature,
receiving regular massage of various types and completing
continuing education each year.
· treat you with respect and dignity regardless of your
age, gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation,
religion, socio-economic status, body type, political affiliation,
state of health, disability or personal habits.
· maintain the privacy and confidentiality of your
· maintain accurate records and review your charts
before each session.
· keep office, equipment and supplies hygienic, clean
· observe professional boundaries at all times, neither
demonstrating nor tolerating sexualized behavior.
· maintain appropriate draping at all times during the
session. Only the part of the body currently being
treated is exposed. The gluteal cleft, genitals, and female
breast are not uncovered or massaged.
Copyright © 2003-2006
by Bruce A. Hopkins